Re: compile.itely placement

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: compile.itely placement
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 19:14:23 +0800

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:56:40AM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Trevor Daniels a écrit :
>> Re your recent commits:
>>
>> shouldn't compile.itely and introduction.itely be in /devel rather
>> than /user?
> I don't understand why you suggest to place introduction.itely in devel/.

I'm not clear about this, either.  Actually, if anything
introduction.itely is going to die entirely (as part of the
web-gop stuff).

> As for compile.itely, it's easier to put it in user/, because
> compilation of Texinfo docs in devel/
> already includes files in user/, whereas devel/ isn't included in
> compilation of docs in user/;
> anyway I think it's of little importance, as this file is used in
> manuals in both directories with equal
> importance.

compile.itely is slated to be removed from AU 1, so in the long
term I think it should be moved to devel/.  However, in the short
term I really can't spend the effort requried to make everything
work, so I recommend waiting 1 or 2 months.