Re: odd configure error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: odd configure error
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 17:48:16 +0800

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 04:33:56PM +0100, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> cd lilypond
> git checkout mybranch (unless you are already there)
> git fetch
> git rebase origin/master
> git format-patch origin/master
>

> > I'm still amazed at git.  Simple things should be simple.
>
> git pull
> git add ...
> git commit
> git push origin master
>
> So, one additional command, but you don't mess with the server in the first
> three, so there is an additional safety net.

I'm confused.  To update git (assuming I'm in the top-level
directory), do I need:
  git fetch
  git rebase origin/master
or
  git pull
?

If it's "git pull", then I'm willing to grant that a properly set
up git repository (and I still don't know how to do that, since
the current CG instructions require you to do "git pull origin")
is just as easy to run as svn.