should ignoreMelismata reset syllable left-alignment?

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: should ignoreMelismata reset syllable left-alignment?
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 17:01:42 -0400

Hey, devs!

While helping a newbie on -user, I noticed that ignoreMelismata doesn't *actually* ignore melismas fully: in the attached example, you'll note that the "three" syllable is *left-aligned*, as it would be if it were *observing* melismata. Does anyone know what traditional/desired practice is?

It may be visually preferable as currently implemented... I'm just trying to make sure that Lilypond is actually outputing the *intended* result! ;)

Cheers,
Kieren.
___________________

\version "2.12.2"

theNotes = \relative {
  \slurDashed c8 e d( f) e g f a
}

theLyricsI = \lyricmode {
  \set ignoreMelismata = ##t One two three four five six seven eight
}
theLyricsII = \lyricmode {
  One two Whee! __ that’s a dashed slur!
}

\score
{
  <<
    \new Voice = "melody" \theNotes
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" \theLyricsI
    \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" \theLyricsII

  \layout { ragged-right = ##f }
}