Re: creating a stringHarmonic function

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: creating a stringHarmonic function
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:11:31 +0800

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 01:56:35PM +0000, Kieren MacMillan wrote:
> I figured I'd do it in two steps:
> 1. Create a function that takes a chord of three notes, and formats each
> note(head) appropriately.
> 2. Modify the function to take one or two notes, and generate the other parts
> of
> the notation accordingly/conditionally.

No help on the technical issues, but as a string player, I
generally see harmonics as only two notes (the bottom two).  The
first time I saw three notes was in a Stravinski orchestral part,
and it took me a moment to figure out what it was.

Could you also invent a two-note stringHarmonic function, so that
we can give users the option?