Re: here's a better code-comment for draw_bezier_sandwich

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: here's a better code-comment for draw_bezier_sandwich
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:13:04 -0600

On 5/18/09 5:33 PM, "Mark Polesky" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Carl,
>
> should we also add something similar...
>   between lines 77 and 78 of output-ps.scm?
Yes.  As a matter of fact, all of the output-ps.scm functions should be
documented.  We should use doc-strings, rather than comments, to document
the scheme functions.

>   between lines 117 and 118 of output-socket.scm?

Yes.
>   between lines 206 and 207 of output-svg.scm?

Yes.  But I think that output-svg.scm should be checked to make sure the
bezier sandwich is done properly, with two beziers and two lines.

> Also -
>
> Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
>> If you have the capability of formatting your own
>> patches with git, that would reduce the chance of
>> me making this kind of mistake.
>>
>> Would you be interested in developing that
>> capability, if you don't have it?
>
> Do you mean...
> a) the capability to format patches, or
> b) the permission to commit?
I mean a).

I think you really should get going with git.  It makes doing development
with LilyPond much easier.

> I've been avoiding "a" because it seemed like more
> trouble than it was worth. Maybe I'm wrong. What
> does it really entail?
You can read about it in the Contributors' Guide.  In short, download and
install git, clone the savannah repository to your local machine, and work
to your heart's content.

Then when you have a patch, you do git format-patch, and it creates a nice
patch ready for application by Neil (or me, I guess).

> I've been avoiding "b" because I've never trusted
> myself with that. Too much power scares me! (:

Go ahead and avoid "b".  But send us properly formatted patches, made using
git.  It makes our job easier, and gives you proper credit.  And using git
will make your job easier as well.

Thanks,

Carl