Re: /news

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: /news
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 00:49:53 +0800

On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 06:38:41PM +0200, Francisco Vila wrote:
> 2009/5/27 Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>:
> > Op woensdag 27-05-2009 om 21:25 uur [tijdzone +0800], schreef Graham
> > Percival:
>
> > Is our .htaccess updated automagically, I don't think so!
>
> Apparently it does, it works now.

That's surprising!

> I am the only one that sees here the perfect security hole?

Hmm... as long as the git+ssh isn't broken, then it's only a hole
if somebody with commit priviliges does something nasty.  Of
course, it's better to reduce the possible number of attacks, even
if we don't think anybody would abuse it.  (or that anybody's
home computer might get taken over?)

At some point soon, I plan on revising the organization of the
lilypond.org server.  You guys won't notice anything if I do it
right :), but we should end up with something that's much easier
to maintain.  And I'll make sure that htaccess comes from the
trusted-scripts dir, not from git.