Re: newbie

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: newbie
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 19:45:12 +0200

2009/5/27  <address@hidden>:
>>If by "internal representation of scores" you mean the structure of user
>>created input files, the best place to start is the tutorial.
>
> Actually I mean the parsed user input. Consider the following snippet from
> the manual
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/d7/lily-ddc01e5d.ly
>
> lilypond will produce a ChoirStaff and four voices. What I am interested in
> is to know how the notes are represented internally in order to find out if
> its possible to derive a chord name. Let's take the first note in every voice
>
> Soprano: c''4
> Alto : e'4
> Tenor: g4
> Bass: c4
>
> derived Chord: c major (c - e - g)

The internal music representation is outlined in NR 6.2.2:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Internal-music-representation

And you can view it as it is explained in NR 6.3.1:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.12/Documentation/user/lilypond/Displaying-music-expressions

What I'd do if I were you, it's to create a partcombine from the
staves you want to analyse and run \displayMusic on it.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org