Re: where does symbol-append come from?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: where does symbol-append come from?
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:36:20 -0700

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:30:57AM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Why does this work? "symbol-append" is not listed in the guile
> manual, nor do I see it in the lilypond source. It was an accident
> that I discovered this at all, and subsequently I saw that it's
> implemented in MIT/GNU Scheme, but *not* in guile. What's going
> on? Are there other cool functions that I can use that I don't
> know about?
>
> - Mark
>
> \version "2.13.0"
>
> #(display (symbol-append 'foo- 'bar))

This is defined in Guile's ice-9/boot-9 module, which is always loaded
when Guile boots.  It's located in module/ice-9/boot-9.scm in Guile's
source.

As a rule, whenever I find functions that are not defined in
LilyPond's source, and not listed the Guile manual, I always check
Guile's source code.

-Patrick