Re: lily-library.scm question

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: lily-library.scm question
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 17:54:58 -0700 (PDT)

Patrick McCarty wrote:
> The "define" procedures are generally only available within a
> single module ....  "define-public" creates a sort of *global
> procedure*; any module has access to it.

Yes, but how would I access "list-minus", or "cons-map" from
another file if I wanted to? In lily-library.scm, there's no
module defined, no exported procedures, and in fact, no usage of
those 2 procedures (as an example) within that file. Is there some
performance or memory cost when using define-public? Or was it
just an honest mistake, using "define" instead of "define-public"?

- Mark