GUB on kainhofer: still cross/gcc

From: Graham Percival
Subject: GUB on kainhofer: still cross/gcc
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 22:46:27 -0700

Who has successfully built GUB?  I'm still struggling on
kainhofer, which I believe is running an Ubuntu 32-bit version,
on a 64-bit CPU.

I'm still stuck on the same cross/gcc problem from a few months
ago:
 http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2009-03/msg00356.html
at the time, Han-Wen suggested that it was a problem with the
stack protector, but I'm getting lost trying to figure out where
to add -fno-stack-protector.  After 4 hours of nothing, I admit
that I need more help.

I've tried making a patch for the Makefile (following
librestrict/GNUmakefile), and adding -fno-stack-protector to
various places in gub/specs/cross/gcc.py.  My final attempt was
adding:
    def compile_command (self):
        os.putenv('CFLAGS', '-fno-stack-protector ')
        return (cross.AutoBuild.compile_command (self))
to the class Gcc (cross.AutoBuild), but that also failed.

Any more tips?  I'd really like to get this working so I can make
releases.