Re: Conflicts, conflicts everywhere

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Conflicts, conflicts everywhere
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:11:15 +0200

Francisco Vila a écrit :
BTW is it possible that branches have diverged because of the
breakdown of savannah, and I am having conflicts despite of branches
having been merged recently? IIRC git told me exactly that but I
ignored it.

It's possible. Did you pull master with -r flag before changing master branch locally, as I recommended?

 I am going to fetch a fresh repo to be sure (if and only
if the repo now in savannah is sane).

I think it's not worth the trouble, unless you see a lot of duplicate commits in either lilypond/translation or master. In caes you fetch a fresh repo, take care of saving your local work in the old one in patches that you can then "git am" in the new repo.

Cheers,
John