Re: development on windows

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: development on windows
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:44:43 -0500

Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:
Jonathan, only one issue:

- If a command is not found (like typing 'asdf' in the terminal window), some python script is telling errors. Is that intentional?

Can you post the terminal output from this? The only message I see when I do this is as follows:

address@hidden:~/Desktop$ asdf
bash: asdf: command not found

I tried it in lilybuntu in a Sun Vbox and the terminal output was the same.

Just for the record:

- On Asus EEE 901 KDevelop works very well using this VirtualBox + LilyUbuntu setup, running on a pen drive. - I did some configuration in kdevelop: changing the debug target path to ., linked kdesudo to kdesu (as kdevelop looks for kdesu, which has been renamed). Then set up Debug configuration to use /usr/bin/libtool --mode=execute. This way make, make install works from inside the IDE. - CTags integration works well, jumping to macro definitions is a matter of two clicks. - Then I successfully installed a breakpoint in main.cc, and runned LilyPond step by step, having the variable values and so displayed in the IDE. Great! - Also found that KDevelop supports syntax coloring for Scheme and LilyPond as well.

This all sounds great. I don't know what KDevelop is, though. Is it something normally used in the KDE desktop?

Jon
--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com