Re: texi2html web page, second attempt

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: texi2html web page, second attempt
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:21:32 -0700

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 09:57:20AM -0700, Patrick McCarty wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 01:54:30PM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> > Le 13/06/2009 20:14, Graham Percival a écrit :
> >
> > > - also, if we end up going this route, somebody (I'm willing to do
> > >   it, although I wouldn't mind delegating this :)  needs to make
> > >   the nagivation menu show the current subsections in a second
> > >   list.  (like the current webpage)
> >
> > This is possible, but I don't know how much Perl hacking it requires. It
> > would be nice to generate the (sub)TOC as a drop-down menu activated by
> > mouse hover/click BTW.
>
> I agree.

Really?  I prefer the current webpage's display, since you can see
all the sub-sections of each section.  (or all the sections of
each "chapter")

I mean, if somebody is reading Introduction->Features, I think
it'd be nice to see Introduction->Examples and Introduction->Crash
course, without having to hover the mouse around.

> For this to happen, we would need to have *one* unordered list instead
> of two separate lists.  I'm referring to the one in div#tocframe.
> They would look like this:
>
> * unnumbered
>   * unnumberedsec
>   * unnumberedsec
>     * unnumberedsubsec
> * unnumbered
> * unnumbered
> * unnumbered
>
> I could create drop-down menus with this structure (with pure CSS),
> but I don't know how much modification the init file would need.

That was actually the default for the init file -- it took me
about an hour to figure out how to hack-comment-out lines so it
wouldn't do this!  :)

I could change it back for an experiment, though.  If I see it in
action, I might like it better... or I may be outvoted :)
In any case, it would be easy to compare between the
current-webpage version and the drop-down version.

... ok, experiment pushed to web-gop.  Go ahead and do your magic
to web-gop/texinfo/css/ anytime.  :)

... nope, can't do.  Whenever I try to commit it, I get:
address@hidden:~/svn/web-gop$ git commit texinfo/web-texi2html.init
error: invalid object d92e8d14ac7c92171da2feb403f85eee6cade51a
error: Error building trees

Mao.  I'll delete the whole dir and download everything from the
main repo again, then add the file.  In the meantime, I've
attached the diff; you can apply it to your local copy and go from
there.