Re: membership for the issue tracker

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: membership for the issue tracker
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:19:10 -0700

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 03:11:09PM -0700, Mark Polesky wrote:

> Are the exact criteria for labeling posted somewhere?

CG 6.2 Issue classification.

... ok, it's a blank section right now, but the location of the
*eventual* posting is obvious.  :)
(once you accept that the CG is your Lord and Master)

> I seem to recall disagreement or confusion regarding:
> Enhancement/Defect
> Accepted/Verified
> Priortiy in general.

This shouldn't matter -- I'm adding people as members so that they
can comment on existing items, not add new items.  Adding new
items will still be the Bug Meister (or very experienced
developers)

That said,
- enhancement: something which requires new code.

- accepted: default status once added (by a member)
- fixed: programmer thinks it's resolved
- verified: Bug Meister checks the results in an official binary
  and agrees it's resolved

- priority-high: lilypond crashes
- priority-regression: it worked before
- priority-medium: this is the highest priority for "normal" bugs.
  No, we don't care if you have a comission due tomorrow, or it
  looks like the output of microsoft word.
- priority-low: if the Bug Meister thinks it isn't important,
  and/or isn't likely to be fixed.  For example, anything touching
  Ancient music automatically gets a priority-low, since nobody's
  touched that code in the past four[1] years, and nobody will
  probably touch it in the *next* four years.

[1] I might be using the definition of "four" which encompasses
the numbers 3 or 2.  Whatever, it's been a long time in
lilypond-years.  :)