Re: discrepancies in IR 4 "Scheme functions"

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: discrepancies in IR 4 "Scheme functions"
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:37:27 -0700

On Mon, Jun 29, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Mark Polesky<address@hidden> wrote:

> 0) scheme-function "ly:in-event-class?" is define-public'd in
>   define-event-classes.scm but never called. Do we add it to
>   the list in IR 4 Scheme Functions or remove it altogether?

All of the IR 4 functions are auto-generated from C++ code (search for
LY_DEFINE in the source).

Maybe someday we will be able to have auto-generated docs for all
"define-public" Scheme functions; in that case, I think this function
would be useful, so we should keep it "define-public".

> 1) scheme-functions "dispatcher" and "listener" are in the list
>   in IR 4 Scheme Functions, but should they be renamed
>   "ly:dispatcher?" and "ly:listener?"

I wrote a patch for this a while back, and Carl suggested I write a
convert-ly rule for it (which I haven't done yet).

See this thread:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2008-12/msg00715.html

If you would like to write a convert-ly and send a combined patch, I
am okay with that.

Thanks,
Patrick