Solving segmentation fault problem in gdb

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Solving segmentation fault problem in gdb
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:40:05 -0600

I'm trying to get the CG instructions for using gdb up-to-date.  And I'm
trying to debug a problem with the new autobeam stuff I'm working on.

So I checked out a fresh master.

Then I did

./configure --enable-debugging
make

gdb lilypond

GNU gdb 6.3.50-20050815 (Apple version gdb-768) (Tue Oct  2 04:07:49 UTC
2007)
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386-apple-darwin"...Reading symbols for shared
libraries ................... done
Breakpoint 1 at 0xf546
Breakpoint 2 at 0x2bd32f: file warn.cc, line 68.
Breakpoint 3 at 0xd681c: file grob.cc, line 536.

inside of gdb, I did

(gdb) run testfiles/autobeam-test.ly
Starting program: /Users/Carl/lilypond-working/out/bin/lilypond
testfiles/autobeam-test.ly
Segmentation fault

But when I run from the command line, everything works correctly.

sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$ lilypond testfiles/autobeam-test.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.13.3
Processing `testfiles/autobeam-test.ly'
Parsing...
testfiles/autobeam-test.ly:0: warning: no \version statement found, please
add

\version "2.13.3"

for future compatibility
Interpreting music... [8][8]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Solving 1 page-breaking chunks...[1: 1 pages]
Drawing systems...
Layout output to `autobeam-test.ps'...
Converting to `./autobeam-test.pdf'...
sorensen2:lilypond-working Carl$

Any thoughts on how to debug this segmentation fault in gdb?

Thanks,

Carl