Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: difference betwwen \pad-around and \pad-markup?
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:52:01 -0600

On 8/13/09 10:42 AM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 21:19 -0600, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
>> And if makelsr.py hasn't been done, LilyPond will get the snippet from
>> Documentation/snippets/new instead of Documentation/snippets.
>
> This is wrong --

Thank you for the clarification.

> see LILYPOND_BOOK_INCLUDES in make/lilypond-vars.make

I try not to look at any of the make files; it's hopeless for me to
understand them.  I'm glad you do, though.

> -- and not needed anyway: anyone can run makelsr.py without argument
> from top of the source tree to get changes from input/new and
> Documentation/<LANGUAGES>/texidocs into Documentation/snippets.

Yes, this is what the CG recommends now.

I misunderstood what input/new did.  My current understanding is that it's
not a place for the documentation to get snippets.  It's rather a place for
makelsr.py to get source material for snippets in Documentation/snippets,
and a place to store snippets that will need to be manually changed when the
LSR is updated.

Is this the right understanding?

Thanks,

Carl