Re: markup help

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: markup help
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:56:44 -0600

Mark,

I was looking at your excellent work in organizing the Emmentaler font
appendix, A.6.

With no sub-headings, it's not clear what the organization of each of the
sections of this appendix is.  The notehead glyphs are all grouped together,
and the ancient notation glyphs are all grouped together, but it's not clear
where one would go to find those sections.

Would it be possible to alphabetize the sections in this appendix?

Accidental glyphs
Arrowhead glyphs
Bracket-tip glyphs
Clef glyphs
Shape-note Notehead glyphs
Solesmes glyphs
Special Notehead glyphs
Time Signature glyphs
Accordion glyphs

?

Notehead glyphs could be kept together with headings like

Notehead glyphs -- default
Notehead glyphs -- shape note
Notehead glyphs -- special

Also, the capitalization is inconsistent.  Throughout the manual we use
Sentence case, rather than Title Case for our headings.

So

Time Signature glyphs

should become

Time signature glyphs

or perhaps

Time-signature glyphs

(since we're using Time-signature as a compound adjective for the glyph).

All of these are just suggestions; I don't know if it's feasible to
implement them or not.

Thanks,

Carl