Re: Contemporary music documentation

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Contemporary music documentation
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2009 09:34:06 +0100

Carl Sorensen wrote Saturday, September 05, 2009 2:13 PM

On 9/5/09 1:13 AM, "Trevor Daniels" <address@hidden> wrote:
No.  It's much easier to write documentation
than it is to add commands.  I would not want to
delay useful additions to the documentation or to
put off a keen documentation writer simply because
new commands have to be written first.  Especially
for something like Turkish, which is particularly
tricky and totally undocumented.  Documenting it
carefully will almost certainly throw up bugs and
inconsistencies.  These will need developer effort
to fix before we can think of adding extensions and
new commands.

That said, anything that can be done with a simple
encapsulation of overrides in a variable, much like
the changes introduced during GDP, should be done,
of course.

That's all I meant.

And it's not *too* hard convert the new documentation from
main body to selected snippets. It would even suffice (IMO) to have
documentation that uses tweaks be prefaced with a comment

@c TODO -- make command or move to Selected Snippets

to make it easy to update in the future.

I'm happy to agree with that.

Trevor