Re: [GUB] minor patch, libneon warning

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [GUB] minor patch, libneon warning
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 17:06:29 +0100

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 04:20:27PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Op maandag 14-09-2009 om 15:07 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Graham
> Percival:
> > Here's a minor patch to fix a thinko.
>
> Thanks...but why [do you think] this is necessary?  There's a fallback
> for this, so that we don't need to specify/keep track of all those
> directories ... and so that a simple GUB_DOWNLOAD_CACHE works.

Oh, I see.  I guess it was a coincidence; Glasgow only permits
http connections through an http_proxy, and it was a new system,
so I was forgetting to export http_proxy and committing various
atrocities to gub/misc.py to get it to set up urllib2 with that
proxy.  When patch was failing to download, I checked the URL
first.

In the end, I'm pretty certain that I just hard-coded the value
(since my shell env var wasn't getting into that particular python
file; I have a vague notion that make creates a new shell).  I'm
not going to submit that as a patch.  :)