Re: Texinfo macros without arguments

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texinfo macros without arguments
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 11:06:45 +0100

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 01:16:14AM +0200, John Mandereau wrote:
> Le lundi 21 septembre 2009 à 23:54 +0100, Trevor Daniels a écrit :
> > Has the version of texinfo you are using changed?  I use texi2html,
> > admittedly a very old version, for my local doc compiles and don't
> > see this problem.
>
> Remember that the accepted Texinfo language depends on the Texinfo
> processor (texi2pdf/TeX, makeinfo or texi2thml).

Yes, which IMO is a mistake.  :(

A trivial example -- @insertcopying.  Even if it happens inside a
   @iftex
   @insertcopying
   @end iftex
section, texi2html complains that it doesn't understand this
command.

The docs are filled with tons of such warnings.  I'd love to have
them all cleaned up (quite possibly by sending bug reports and
pestering the maintainers of texi2pdf, makeinfo, and texi2html),
but that's so far down on my priority list it isn't funny.

This might be a good task for a Frog, but any Frog that's on linux
is probably doing more advanced tasks that shouldn't be
interrupted.