Alternative music font

From: Simon Tatham
Subject: Alternative music font
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 08:15:23 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,

I've recently drawn a new font of musical symbols for use with
Lilypond, which look more like the ones I'm used to and hence
distract me less. I put it up on the web this weekend at

  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/gonville/

Currently the only way I've found to use that font with Lilypond is
to create a symlink mirror of the entire Lilypond data directory,
replace the 'fonts' subdirectory, and point $LILYPOND_DATADIR at the
altered copy. Would it be possible to introduce a command-line or
configuration option of some sort, to make it easier to select an
alternative font? (Or is there one I've missed?)

Cheers,
Simon