Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: please do a "make doc-clean; make clean"
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 15:04:19 -0700

On 1/1/10 2:51 PM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le mercredi 30 décembre 2009 à 16:06 -0700, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
>> I did decide to try the out-of-tree build, which required me to do a new
>> configure.  I thought I could do a configure in the out-of-tree build
>> directrory, but the error messages said I had to do a make distclean first.
>> After doing make distclean, configure doesn't seem to work any more.
>
> distclean removes configure, so you were looking for
>
> ./autogen.sh --noconfigure

I did do ./autogen.sh (but not --noconfigure)

If everything is still working well, ./autogen.sh should work, but it will
create new configure settings, right?

The problem I had was that somehow CFLAGS was trying to build for both -arch
ppc and -arch i386, but gcc -E won't allow multiple architectures.

I don't know exactly where the multiple architecture CFLAGS showed up, but I
was able to make things work by specifying a single architecture.

Thanks,

Carl