Re: [frogs] Lilypond variable definitions - are they accessible from Sch

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [frogs] Lilypond variable definitions - are they accessible from Scheme?
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 17:00:29 -0700

On 1/3/10 2:54 PM, "Ian Hulin" <address@hidden> wrote:

> HI all,
> I'm working on the Guile Debugger Stuff, and would like to try debugging a
> music function definition such as:
> conditionalMark = #(define-music-function (parser location) ()
>     #{ \tag #'instrumental-part {\mark \default}  #} )
>
> It appears conditionalMark does not get set up as an equivalent of a Scheme
> (define conditionalMark = define-music-function(parser location () ...
> although something gets defined because Scheme apparently recognizes
> #(set-break! conditionalMark)
>     later on in the file without signalling any Guile errors.
> However the breakpoint trap is never encountered as define-music-function
> passed things on to ly:make-music-function, which is really C++ code
> ly_make_music_function, so Guile never finds out about the breakpoint.

I think that LilyPond variables are visible in Scheme.

I'm not sure why you can't set the breakpoint for conditionalMark.  If I had
to guess, it would be because define-music-function is a macro, not a Scheme
procedure, but that's a totally wild guess.

I've copied this to -devel, because this question is over my head.

Thanks,

Carl