Re: Texinfo @ifset question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Texinfo @ifset question
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 23:50:11 +0000

On Thu, Jan 07, 2010 at 02:27:10PM -0800, Mark Polesky wrote:
> Both of these can be found by following links on the
> http://lilypond.org/web/documentation page, and even the
> `latest development' link on that page is not as current as
> the one on Reinhold's site.

You could change the web branch to point to the 2.13 CG.

> I thought about adding a @warning to the CG that's in the
> stable/2.12 branch

I'm not making any more 2.12 releases, so there's no point in
doing anything to it.

> @ifset stable

Not a good idea; the version comes from the particular branch.

> I'm just a little hazy on how to set up something like this.
> I looked at texinfo-rules.make but the syntax is foreign to
> me.

Take a look at the web-version stuff if you're curious about this
type of thing, but we're not putting in any kind of @ifset stable
command in the docs.

Short-term: change the web branch, if you really want.
Medium/long-term: more help plz on the Priority-Critical items so
that we can get 2.14, with the new website which solves this
problem, out.