Re: #'header:title etc not defined outside \header and \paper blocks in

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: #'header:title etc not defined outside \header and \paper blocks in \version 2.12.2
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 20:29:12 +0100

Le 6 janv. 2010 à 13:35, Reinhold Kainhofer a écrit :

>> If so it is a pity because it would be quite nice to be able
>> to write things like:
>>
>> \tocItem \markup { \fromproperty #'header:title }
>
> I had the same problem a while ago, and there is a workaround to make header
> fields available to a particular markup. See the LSR:
>
> http://lsr.dsi.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=467
>
> This snippet (click on the image to get the code) defines a function
> \markupWithHeader, which makes the header fields available to the markup.
>
> However, there are some bugs left. First and foremost, only the global
> \header
> block is considered, not \header blocks inside a book or bookpart...

Hi,

Would it make sense to link papers and headers, by adding a header_ slot to
Output_def or by using a given variable in the output_def scope_ (which would
be set by Paper_book or Paper_score instances), so that
Text_interface::interpret_markup can build the header:* properties itself
before intrepreting the markup?  That way, header:title and co would be
accessible to top-level markups and markups inside music.

Nicolas