Re: Scheme V2.0 on the horizon, impacts on LilyPond?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Scheme V2.0 on the horizon, impacts on LilyPond?
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:38:38 -0200

I was active in GUILE development for some time, but I have given up
on it, mostly for lack of my time, but also because the GUILE team is
a champion in delaying releases. They always have had plans for
releases, but it appears that none of the developers have any sort of
hurry, and there is always one feature more that should get into the
next stable release.

The last major 'stable' release of GUILE was 1.8.0, which was released
in 2006, which came after 1.6.0 in 2002.   A 2010 release would fit
into the schedule, but there is still a year to go before 2010 is
really gone. I would wait until 2.0 is really out before investing any
energy.