devel-chat mailing list

From: Graham Percival
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:26:37 +0000

One idea that I've been considering for over a year is making a
"social" mailing list for lilypond developers.  Not for discussing
bugs or new features; just to get to know each other better.
Think of it as the electronic equivalent of office-mates going to
the pub together on a Thursday night.  I could tell stories about
being a PhD student in a foreign country, or having lunch with an
exotic dancer who studies medieval string instruments, etc.  Other
people could talk about amateur theatre, or complain about
university administration, or whatever takes their fancy.

Is there any interest in this?

I'm thinking that an open mailing list with no archives would be
ok, but we could make it closed instead if we wanted to feel a bit
more private.