Re: i18n of make_macro

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: i18n of make_macro
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:58:52 +0000

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Francisco Vila <address@hidden> wrote:
> 2010/1/19 Francisco Vila <address@hidden>:
>>  scripts/build/create-version-itexi.py

Yesterday it was put in scripts/build/create-weblinks-itexi.py, BTW.

>>  def make_download_source(name, vstring, version):
>>
>> accepts an additional argument prefix="Source" and making make_macro
>> to include that prefix as a part of the macro definition it creates.
>>
>> So, calling it as
>>
>> address@hidden"Another_Prefix"} should do the trick. Do you
>> think that should work? I could test it and make a patch.

Changing the python function call won't add another option to the texinfo macro.

> Alternatively, I propose to leave the prefix out of the macro and write
>
>  Another Prefix: @downloadStableSource{}

This would be easier, I think.  Having the python file create
language-independent links would be better.

- can we do this?

- does it still look ok?

Please investigate.  BTW, it might be helpful to look at the website
only, by doing
  make website
in the top source dir.  This regenerates all files needed for the
website, and finishes in 1 minute.