Re: Ties and slurs going into repeat alternatives

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Ties and slurs going into repeat alternatives
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 18:20:34 -0200

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 6:19 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> Is there a routine that does most of the cloning business so that it is
>>> reasonably easy to fix the behavior of \repeat volta?
>>
>> The problem is that the 2nd slur needs to be wired to other
>> noteheads/stems/etc. for the formatting to come out correctly, while
>> around linebreaks, all of the rewiring can be done generically.
>
> I am not sure I understand.  For all but the first repeat alternative
> (which would retain the current behavior), the alternative _is_ detached
> from the common repeat part.  So it would appear that the situation is
> quite comparable to a linebreak.

No, it's not comparable. The slur engraver generates one big slur that
encompasses all notes; after line breaking, a routine generates a copy
and trims all grob pointers (including the note head ones) that are
not in the same system as the copied slur.

The correct solution would be to hack the appropriate engravers to
remember the state at the start of the alternative and recreate that
at the following alternatives.  That would be very hairy though.