rebasing multiple git branches at once

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: rebasing multiple git branches at once
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:10:46 -0800 (PST)

I wrote a little shell script to rebase all my local git
branches at once.  However, reading the git-pull man page
makes me wonder if there's not some tragedy waiting to
happen.  The script is designed for developers who are only
tracking the `master' branch (translators shouldn't rebase
too casually anyway).

So, is this a dumb idea for some reason?  Or is it useful
enough to add to scripts/auxiliar/?  Right now, I have six
local branches, and individually doing `git pull -r' was
just getting me down.  Actually, this script speeds up the
process even more: it only pulls for `master', then rebases
the other branches to the updated local master (which is
much faster than pulling for each).

It also will abort any rebase at the slightest sign of a
problem, and report individual problems when it's finished,
so I think it's safe.  But I'd like to know what you guys
think.

Thanks.
- Mark