Re: Latest git (lilypond-translation) build fail

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Latest git (lilypond-translation) build fail
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 09:21:39 +0100

Le jeudi 28 janvier 2010 à 00:07 +0000, Graham Percival a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 10:33:45PM +0100, Harmath Dénes wrote:
> > make PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C ly-examples all &&  make
> > PACKAGE=LILYPOND package=lilypond -C server all && true
> > true
> > make: *** server: No such file or directory.  Stop.
> >
> > Is there something I do not get?
>
> You have a mixmatch between the makefiles and the new directory
> Documentation/web/server/

This could be caused by a build outside the source tree which hasn't
updated the build tree with a subdirectory server.  In this case,
rerunning configure will help.

> I don't know who's responsible for merging changes from master,
> but somebody did a half-merge and resulted in it being broken.

This is extremely unlikely.  I've never seen any conflict with merging
stuff from Documentation/web/{GNUmakefile,server/}.

>   Or
> else you've been switching between master and translation and left
> your system broken.

I'd be surprised if this was the cause of the error: IIRC Git may leave
files that were tracked on the previously checked-out branch even if
they are untracked on the new branch, but it should always create
missing files and directories that are to be checked out.

Best,
John