Re: [patch] doc cleanup that touches translations

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: [patch] doc cleanup that touches translations
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:47:03 -0700

On 1/29/10 5:15 PM, "Graham Percival" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Does anybody know if I can push this patch?  It removes
> Documentation/included/divisiones.ly and puts that info in the
> main .itely files.

Looks good to me.

> I started going in circles and getting lost while trying to figure
> out if I was supposed to use git pull or change the comment at the
> top or whatever.

When we change inline snippets, we are supposed to change them in all
languages.

When we add snippets, we don't need to add them in all languages, because
the translation tools will help do that.

In this case, where you are replacing an include with a snippet, doing it in
all the languages is the right thing to do.

What you have to do is avoid changing the committish in the header of the
translated .itely files, so this should be good.

Thanks,

Carl