Re: LSR update (help needed)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR update (help needed)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 16:43:43 +0000

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Graham Percival
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>> If there's sufficient interest, we could start working on the new doc
>> build system again.  But so far there seems to be zero interest in
>> that, so you'll need to learn the quirks of the old system.
>
> Yes. When I'm smart enough I'll try and improve it. And save the world, too.

You don't need to be smart.  You only need to care.

Issue 979 is currently blocked because a simple test case fails.
Maybe that case has been fixed in waf's svn by now.  If not, try
asking the waf guy to fix it.  I'm pretty certain he could fix it in
30 minutes or so, once he'd been convinced it was a useful feature.

Of course, as long as nobody talks to him, it's not going to be fixed.
 Oh dear.  If only we had somebody who liked to talk to people, learn
about open-source projects, make new friends, etc.

Really, all we need is somebody to spend 1 hour a week working on waf.
 Ok, it might take a full year -- but that's still infinitely faster
than the current progress on this issue.  And once things start
moving, we might get other people volunteering 1 hour per week as
well.