Re: copyright question

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: copyright question
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 01:15:35 +0100

On Wed, May 05, 2010 at 11:00:23PM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Are we allowed to quote "Star Wars" without attribution in
> > our docs?
> > http://git.sv.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=blob;f=Documentation/usage/lilypond-book.itely;h=5bcd666;hb=HEAD#l85
>
> I think it's highly unlikely that we'd be in any sort of legal trouble
> (and this particular example is great for demonstrating tuplets).

I've changed it now.

BTW, why on earth would somebody be looking in Usage to learn
about tuplets?  And there's tons of folk songs that use triplets;
no need to pollute our hands with tainted intellectual property.

> Besides, as a matter of taste I'd certainly side with Graham in
> following a strictly no-proprietary-stuff-in-our-backyard policy.

If nobody had mentioned it, I wouldn't have cared (or noticed).
But as soon as the question comes up, the answer is "no".