Re: Critical issues

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Critical issues
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 12:29:18 +0100

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:14:17PM +0200, Karl Hammar wrote:
> ***
> Issue  815: Enhancement: AJAX-powered search auto-completion for the online
> documentation
> Why is this a critical issue for the lilypond release?

Because the patch has been hanging around for over a year.  My
decision on this isn't going to change, so discussion will not be
fruitful.

> ***
> Issue  989: ensure that no information is only in the regtests
>
> Though Graham complain about this issue in the "report",
> this seems to be taken by Valentin. He has a list at
> http://wiki.lilynet.net/index.php/Regtests
>
> What to do about it?
> Shall we discuss individual items on the list?

We don't need discussion about this; we need patches.  Stuff that
should go in the main text should be added there.  Stuff that
should go in the snippets (i.e. tweaks and overrides) should be
added there.

There's information about the snippets somewhere in Contributing
chapter 6.  Documentation is chapter 4.

Each item should only take 5 minutes or so, once you know how to
add snippets or modify the documentation.  Pick one of the items
at random and send a patch here for discusion.
(err, the first sentence in this part should be "we don't need
more vague discussion; we need discussion about specific patches")

> ***
>
> Issue 1031: constantly-changing input/regression/rest-collision-beam-note.ly
>
> If it is changes every time, what is the correct output?

One of the two possible outputs has either a collision between
rest and beam, or a very near collision.  The other one clearly
has no collision at all.

I'd rather go with the "no collision at all", but if we can
consistently get the "almost-collision" version (and can't
consistently get the "no collision at all" version), then I'll
consider this issue fixed.