Re: odd statement in NR

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: odd statement in NR
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:58:11 +0200

Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Mark Polesky <address@hidden> wrote:
Francisco Vila wrote:
No, \partial uses measurePosition internally. It is a beat
countdown for the current measure.

Right, so if \partial generates odd warnings or effects,
then measurePosition would too.  Why would measurePosition
behave any differently, as the text suggests?

I don't know, but this has been discussed many times on this list.
Please look for previous emails from Han-Wen.

I've never seen any good motivation mentioned on the listm just
Han-Wen's "don't do that".

Some month ago, someone posted an example that behaved differently when
using \partial and when setting measurePosition, perhaps because
implicitly created contexts are not created exactly the same way when
you use \partial and when you set the property, but in that example the
behaviour was better when using \partial, so I couldn't see that it
supported the claim in the NR.

   /Mats