Re: [wishlist] enhancing text spanners

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: [wishlist] enhancing text spanners
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 20:19:44 +0200

2010/5/25 Stemby <address@hidden>:

> Yes. I'd like a syntax similar to:
>
> \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details text) = "poco - a - poco - cre-scen-do"

Well, another improvement that I'd love to see is the ability to define
the TextSpanner text *in* the \startTextSpan command, i.e. _after_ the
note.

  b1\startTextSpan "rit."  % here the textspan text
  e,\stopTextSpan

instead of the current

  \override TextSpanner #'(bound-details left text) = "rit."
  b1\startTextSpan
  e,\stopTextSpan

There was already a discussion about this but I can't find it again.
I think this request was maybe introduced by Kieren.?.

This postfix syntax is currently possible for DynamicTextSpanner,
thanks to Reinhold's work.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2010-04/msg00319.html

Cheers,
Xavier