Re: Quickstart guide

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Quickstart guide
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 20:38:12 +0100

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 09:16:34PM +0200, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> I was sure there was some kind of one-page quickstart guide in the
> documentation, but looking on the development version doc pages at
> http://kainhofer.com/~lilypond/ I can't find one -- at least, it's not
> immediately apparent that one exists.

WTM are you talking about?  something like this:
http://lilypond.org/website/macos-x.html
or this:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.13/Documentation/learning/tutorial
?

> Most of the material you'd want for such a guide is covered in Chapter 1
> of the Learning Manual, so it should be reasonably OK to condense into a
> 1-page piece of HTML that could (i) be included in a prominent place on
> the webpage and (ii) could load as a result of clicking on a 'Lilypond
> icon' installed with Windows or Mac OS.

What would you omit from the current Learning 1 in the 2.13 docs?

I'm really curious about what you think is irrelevant... users
don't need to be told that it's case sensitive?  We shouldn't give
instructions for command-line use, because everybody uses windows
or osx?  What?