backslash-newline in lily/include/staff-symbol-referencer.hh

From: Graham Percival
Subject: backslash-newline in lily/include/staff-symbol-referencer.hh
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 21:43:37 +0100

In lily/include/staff-symbol-referencer.hh , but outside of the class
Staff_symbol_referencer, there are two functions:

int compare_position (Grob *const &, Grob *const &);\
bool position_less (Grob *const &, Grob *const &);

What's the backslash doing?  I'm familiar with a backslash being a
newline inside a macro definition, but surely there's no advantage to
defining two functions one the "same line".  Does this have anything
to do with some macros used in our source?

If it's just a typo, could we remove it?