Re: Help understanding how code works (or doesn't)

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Help understanding how code works (or doesn't)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 22:40:35 +0100

On 18 September 2010 20:38, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> How would one go about trying to verify this with the debugger?

You could try following the ApplyContext path, to check it leads up to
a set_property () call.

TBH, I'm now not so sure what I said earlier is really happening: I've
just tried adding a breakpoint in Context::internal_set_property (),
and there's no evidence that 'measurePosition gets set from the
ApplyContext procedure.  It seems there's no effect from the revised
\partial constructor; it's as if it's invisible, since the result's
the same if it's left out (apart from the debug output).

> Actually, I like the patch.  I don't think it's a hack.  I think it's a
> bigger hack to set context properties in Scheme (when we can't read the
> context properties from Scheme).

Thanks.  I'm warming to it too, since it has a nice side-effect: it
allows the display method to cater for scaled durations easily if we
leave the duration->moment conversion to the iterator.

I've made a few changes and posted a revised version here:

http://codereview.appspot.com/2228042/

Cheers,
Neil