Re: Possible fix for #372. (issue2228042)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Possible fix for #372. (issue2228042)
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:32:24 +0000

Reviewers: carl.d.sorensen_gmail.com,

Message:
On 2010/09/19 08:29:23, Carl wrote:
As currently implemented, this patch fails when \partial is called in
the middle
of a measure.  I'm not sure \partial *should* work when called in the
middle of
a measure, but we have plenty of history on -user where it is called
in the
middle of a measure.

I see two options here:

-) keep the patch as it is, but warn the user (and do nothing)

-) warn the user, but set measurePosition as you suggest to retain the
current behaviour

I don't mind which we choose, though the former's simpler.

I've put the code that duplicates the previous behavior in the
comments below.

Thanks.

P.S. How should one handle a code variant when doing reviews on
Rietveld?
Should we create a new issue?  Should we show alternate code in
comments?

I think creating a new issue is overkill, unless the changes are
significant.

I'm happy with code changes in comments.

Cheers,
Neil

Possible fix for #372.

Please review this at http://codereview.appspot.com/2228042/

Affected files:
  M input/regression/display-lily-tests.ly
  A lily/partial-iterator.cc
  M scm/define-music-display-methods.scm
  M scm/define-music-properties.scm
  M scm/define-music-types.scm