Re: Passing the result of an ApplyOutputEvent to a music-function

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Passing the result of an ApplyOutputEvent to a music-function
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 22:01:12 +0100

On 28 September 2010 20:07, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've asked this question on -user but I suspect it got lost in the
> flow. (Besides, it *might* belong on -devel since I'm actually trying
> to implement a missing feature, see for instance
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2008-08/msg00903.html ).

I think rather it's because you've already answered the question yourself. ;)

ApplyOutput is useless for this since it's evaluated too late (though
in your code, it never gets the chance since it's not part of a
sequential block).

> Ideally, perhaps it would be best as a post-fix command (but I can't
> see how to do it without creating a whole new engraver -- which I
> suspect might actually be the way to go anyway).

You could try basing it on the existing code for spanned arpeggio brackets.

Cheers,
Neil