Re: Regression test analysis - 2.13.35

From: Neil Puttock
Subject: Re: Regression test analysis - 2.13.35
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 01:05:46 +0100

On 4 October 2010 00:46, Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> wrote:

> I agree that it would be better to have warning messages show up in parsing
> order, rather than translation order.  But if the error occurs in
> translation, there's no way to make the warning messages show up in parsing
> order, unless we force translation to occur in parsing order.  And I don't
> think that's reasonable.  The two stages are deliberately decoupled.

Sure, but before this change (possibly coincidentally), the
translation order generally followed parsing order (at least for
objects in the same stave).

> Perhaps we need to find some way of giving better feedback on markup errors,
> although I don't know what it is.

I'm not sure how you'd get location info to top-level markup, but it
would be easy to add to markup which comes from grobs since `props'
carries 'cause from the originating event (if there is one).

Cheers,
Neil