Re: convert: properly escape some single-backslashes. (issue2401042)

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: convert: properly escape some single-backslashes. (issue2401042)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 17:17:44 +0100

<address@hidden> wrote in message news:address@hidden
On 2010/10/11 18:18:37, dak wrote:
python/convertrules.py:2992: _ ("\\RemoveEmpty*StaffContext -> \*Staff
\\RemoveEmptyStaves"))
Any particular reason that \*Staff does not get the backslash doubled
as well?

The reason was that I didn't know what \* did -- I'm guessing it has a
special meaning in regex -- so I thought I should leave it alone.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2401042/

* has a special meaning in a regex - repeat the preceding class zero or more times - so it has to be escaped with a backslash in a regex.

--
Phil Holmes
Bug Squad