Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: names of vertical spacing dimensions
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 00:20:04 +0100

Graham Percival

Yes, but I see some weaknesses in our docs.
- Glossary: staff  should link to system
- Glossary: both staff and system  could benefit from images
- Learning: add some link(s) to Glossary: system.  Currently we
 have none!
address@hidden:~/src/lilypond/Documentation/learning$ git grep
"@rgloss{system}"
I would recommend adding this to Learning 2 Tutorial.  Maybe
somewhere in 2.3 Multiple notes at once; maybe somewhere in
2.5 Final touches.  I'll let somebody else think about it in more
detail and produce a patch.

OK, I just pushed these changes.  I left out an image
for system, as this is defined wrt the width of the
page, which is not well-defined in the docs (the image
width is less than the page width, and the page width
is variable in html).

Trevor