Re: convert-ly and lilypond-book

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: convert-ly and lilypond-book
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 06:11:47 +0100

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 6:06 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> What I consider problematic is that syntax changes aren't restricted to
> lilypond
> environments.

This is useful for updating the docs -- we *want* it to change text
like "to change the direction of the slur, use \oldSlurUpCommand".

> To sum up: Keywords like `orientation' are far too frequent in normal
> text to be handled without protection if convert-ly is applied to
> lilypond-book (or texinfo) input.

I'm fine with this being a command-line option to convert-ly.
Actually, this could even be the default -- as long as there's a
(CG-documented) way to apply convert-ly to the entire document, I'm
happy with this change.