Re: problematic commit 02fe038744e634b42f1a3377c4f0dc3d25e80344

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: problematic commit 02fe038744e634b42f1a3377c4f0dc3d25e80344
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 14:17:03 +0200

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Neil Puttock <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 24 October 2010 12:32, Valentin Villenave <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Feel free to revert it.
>
> TBH, I'm sorely tempted to myself.

Then please do.

> There's a memory leak from `make-void-music', which suggests you
> haven't done a regression test check or run make doc.

I have not, since the new function isn't used anywhere.
I didn't suspect a stupid music-function hack that is not invoked
anywhere could cause such things.

... Indeed, it can.

> I don't think it's appropriate to gulp files and evaluate code for
> this.

I never said it was.
The only point was to make the patch as unnoticeable as possible, in
order to get it accepted.

> The pitch alists should be moved to a single file instead, so
> they're resident, leaving the existing language files as skeletons
> until they're removed.

No kidding. And we could name this new single file, I don't know,
lang-init.ly for example?

(sigh)

OK. Reverting.

Better luck next time (if there is a next time, which I doubt)...

Cheers,
Valentin.