Re: Optimizations for pure-height approximations. (issue1817045)

From: n . puttock
Subject: Re: Optimizations for pure-height approximations. (issue1817045)
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 14:53:35 +0000

On 2010/10/03 04:52:35, joeneeman wrote:

I was just waiting to see if the memory problems are still there. I
can't
reproduce them (and it seems that Neil can't either any more) so I'm
not
sure what to do. I could just push it and then revert if people
howl...

I'm still not sure what was going on when I first tested this, but it's
never come back.  FWIW, I've had no problems with this patch; I've
tested GUB builds for mingw, linux-x86 and linux-64 with the patch
applied, and experienced no problems (just great improvements in
compile times).

I think we should go ahead and push.  I'll pop a rebased diff on the
tracker soon.

Cheers,
Neil

http://codereview.appspot.com/1817045/