Re: Doc: Removed [fragment] from @lilypond examples NR (issue2810041)

From: Carl . D . Sorensen
Subject: Re: Doc: Removed [fragment] from @lilypond examples NR (issue2810041)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 13:54:01 +0000

I've only reviewed the chords section, since Graham was unsure about it.

I think that it most cases, there should be no \relative in these
sections.

Thanks,

Carl

http://codereview.appspot.com/2810041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/chords.itely
File Documentation/notation/chords.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/2810041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/chords.itely#newcode140
Documentation/notation/chords.itely:140:
@lilypond[quote,ragged-right,verbatim,relative=1]
I don't think any of these \chordmode examples should use relative, even
though it's there in some of the previous file.

We don't need to surround \chordmode with \relative.  In fact, as the
documentation says, all pitches in \chordmode are interpreted as
absolute.  I've tested this, just to make sure.

I guess it doesn't hurt to have it this way, as the code compiles.  But
I would question manual code that had \chordmode surrounded with
\relative, so I think it would be best to omit the \relative.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2810041/diff/1/Documentation/notation/chords.itely#newcode814
Documentation/notation/chords.itely:814:
@lilypond[verbatim,quote,ragged-right,relative=1]
Figures also ignore octaves (in fact, the octave makes no sense to a
figure), so please eliminate the relative here, as well.

I think the relative should only be included with figures:

1.  When there are notes, and
2.  When we want the notes in relative mode.

I don't think there are any examples like this in this section.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2810041/